Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Bread rolled in Semolina and fried

A Vision, yes that was it! I had these visions of something coated with semolina and deep fried. I was drooling over this thought, however my new status as a mother to a 6 month old darling and hectic work hardly did help to achieve this. 

However, while browsing  through my favourite group Chef at Large @ FB, saw a  post on bread coated with semiya and fried. This reinforced my craving and here I am posting my successful experiment.  Paulo Coehlo is no lesser than a visionary when he quoted, “And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”  :)

So what is it that I wanted to coat with semolina ? I had made Shahi ka Tukda sometime back and the edges of bread were sliced away for that. So what's better than using some left overs ?



Ingredients
  1. Bread - Edges of 4 slices
  2. Besan / Gram flour - 1cup
  3. Green Chilly - 2 , finely sliced
  4. Cumin Seeds - 2 tsp
  5. salt to taste
  6. Turmeric - half tsp
  7. Asafetida powder - a pinch
  8. Oil for frying
  9. Semolina - enough to coat

How to Make?

1. Mix ingredients from #2 till #7 well, without adding water.
2. Now, slowly pour in water and keep mixing. Consistency of this batter should not be very watery , but pouring.
3. Add bread onto this and mix well. You can roll it into long rectangular shapes or small balls.
4. Coat with semolina.
5. Heat oil in a pan and fry.

Give a surprise to your family members and enjoy with a hot tea !!!


No comments: