Sunday, July 28, 2013

Eenthapazha Payasam - Dates Pudding

Today is my birthday :) Yeah , and I feel very excited just like how I was on my 10th or 20th birthday. Decades don't matter you know ;) However, as being a birthday girl who used to expect treats/ special food, I have become one who would like to cook and feed the loved ones on my birthday.

Though my birthday is still on and my husband's gift is still awaited, I decided to make this payasam as a joyful culmination to the lunch I have prepared for the family.Also, I am feeling extremely happy to blog today , an activity which is an absolute de-stressor ! Here is the recipe for Date payasam, which can be served for 2 people.



Ingredients

  1. Dates - De-seeded and finely chopped - 1 cup
  2. Milk - 1 Cup
  3. Condensed Milk - 1 Tbsp
  4. Crushed Cardamom - 1 tsp
  5. For garnishing  - ghee, cashew nuts and dry raisins.
How to Make?
  1. Take a pan and add dates into it.  Pour water , only to cover the dates. Cook till the dates have become soft. Use a spoon to mash it well.
  2. Now add milk and let it boil. Then, simmer for 5 minutes.
  3. Add condensed milk and mix everything well.
  4. Now, add crushed cardamom and mix well. Payasam is ready
  5. For garnishing, heat ghee in a pan and saute cashew nuts and dry raisins. Pour this over the prepared paysam.
Note : If paysam is thicker than you want it, add more boiled milk and mix well.

Enjoy this rich dessert :)


No comments: