Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Aam Ka Panna - Flavored Mango Drink


Aam Ka Panna, heard this name for the first time at my office Cafe. It was an interesting drink. Later I got to know that, this is widely used in Northern parts of the country as a summer quencher. After reading quite a few recipes , I decided to make one for myself. Most of the mango related juice or milk shakes are made with ripen ones at this part of the country , so when I asked mom to get some raw mangoes for juice she was surprised :) My mom is so fond of farming that she has grown a huge mango tree at the backyard. She was asking me to photograph some of those mangoes and I asked her to give couple of them for the juice :) 


So , here goes the recipe.




Ingredients

1. Raw Mango - 2
2. Cumin Seeds (Roasted) - 1 tea spoon.
3. Black Pepper - 4
4. Rock Salt - to taste
5. Sugar - 1 table spoon.

How to Make?

1. Boil mangoes and allow them to cool.
2. Now , extract only the flesh part.
3. Blend the mango flesh and other ingredients together. This forms the flavour for the drink.
4. Now, add required amount of water and blend again for smooth consistency. This is now ready to drink.

If you want to store the mango flavour, then keep it in an air tight container and refrigerate. Only when you need a drink, take some portion and blend with water. 

So, today when my dad asked for his regular tea at 11 AM, I gave him this drink :) He found it tasty and asked the ingredient. I said 

'Pacha Manga' (Raw Mango). He was so surprised and said we should have known about this before.
                                                
                                                                                      

                            

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laxmi, why have you stopped blogging your recipes.