Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pazham Pori - Banana Fritter

This is one of my favorite evening snacks. This is widely available at any street side shops in my hometown in Kerala.   My husband craves for this and I end up making it at most of the weekends. The most commonly available version of this uses refined flour or maida. I will not be using it as it lacks any kind of nutrition.



Ingredients

1. Ripe Plantain banana.
2. Rice Flour
3. Sugar - 2 tea spoons
4. Salt -  a pinch
5. Turmeric Powder - a pinch.
6. Oil for frying.



How to Make ?

1. Mix together Rice Flour, Sugar ,Salt  and Turmeric Powder to a thick consistency.
2. Cut the Banana into rectangles, should be of medium thickness.
3. Put the banana pieces into the batter made as per step#1.
4. Now boil oil and deep fry the bananas.

Enjoy your snack with a coffee/tea.

No comments: