Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Wheat Dosa - Crispy Wheat Pancake

I have a love hate relationship with wheat dosa. My mother used to make it for me as a break fast whenever she found very little time with her. I was not a great fan of it then. Later on when I got job and was staying away from home, I had depended on it many times as an easy to make food. These days when I run out of ideas for breakfast , I rely on it. It is also a welcoming change from regular Appam, Dosa, Puttu n all.


Ingredients

  1. Wheat Flour
  2. Salt
  3. Big Onion - Finely chopped
  4. Ginger - finely sliced, not more than a tea spoon.
  5. Curry Leaves - Finely chopped.


How to Make?

  1. Put all the ingredients along with water in a Blender and blend it well, for a smooth consistency.
  2. The amount of water should be such that, the batter is not too thick or thin.
  3. Now , heat a pan and spread the batter evenly.
  4. When one side is cooked, turned to other side and get it cooked as well.


Note
  1. Add any other vegetable you are comfortable with like carrots or beetroot.
  2. Vegetables added in flour will not be well cooked, hence choose wisely and be happy that most of the nutrients will be retained. 

No comments: